Colorado Spirit Mountain Outreach Team supports Larimer County’s recovery from the September 2013 flood. We provide outreach, crisis counseling services, and connections with and referrals to community resources.
The Mountain Outreach Team goes door-to-door to offer emotional support to residents of flooded areas and to inform survivors of resources offered by the community. Other objectives include:
- Making contact with affected residents to offer in-person assistance to all individuals and families.
- Distributing support, informational, and educational brochures and flyers.
- Supporting communities as neighbors rebuild and connect with their neighbors to co-create a "new normal."
- Making formal presentations to inform individuals and groups about support services and systems in their community.
- Facilitating informal community support events for survivors to share their experiences and get emotional support, answers to questions, and connections with other resources.
- Offering referrals for individuals who desire ongoing counseling services for mental health and substance use concerns.
As a result of the floods that impacted Larimer County, the Mountain Outreach Team has been designated by the State of Colorado Division of Behavioral Health as the provider agency for the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) and Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Crisis Counseling Program.