The goal of anger management is to reduce both your emotional feelings and the physiological arousal that anger causes. You can't get rid of, or avoid, the things or the people that enrage you, nor can you change them, but you can learn to control your reactions.
Education on anger management techniques is provided for individuals who need coping strategies to deal with their anger and substance use disorders. Counselors teach conflict resolution and assertiveness skills and help clients develop anger control plans.
Group topics include:
- Defining, measuring and monitoring anger
- Identifying anger triggers and cues (including physical, behavioral, emotional and cognitive)
- Developing assertive communication skills
- Relaxation techniques
- Identifying distorted thinking
- Cognitive restructuring using ABCD model
- Developing and Anger Control Plan
….. And more.
Other Services at SummitStone Health Partners