- 1 in 4 adults will have a diagnosable mental illness at some time in their lives
- 1 in 4 children and adolescents have an emotional or mental disorder
- People with serious mental illness lose 25 years of life expectancy as compared to the general population.
- 61 Larimer County residents died in 2011 from suicide – the leading cause of which is untreated or undiagnosed depression. On average, there is a suicide once every six days in Larimer County.
- Mental illnesses and substance abuse are more common than cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Treatments for people with serious mental illnesses are 70% to 90% effective, higher than success rates for treatment of heart disease.
Most mental illnesses are successfully treatable by combining outpatient therapies (whether it be group and individual counseling for adults or family and child counseling), mental health support services, and medication. SummitStone Health Partners is at the leading edge of providing evidence-based treatment with proven results. That means that you can trust that you and your family members will receive the mental health care and support you need and deserve.
Mental illness has lots of names: depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, schizophrenia, ADHD (Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder), OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), panic disorder, phobias, and more. These are brain-based, biological illnesses – and are just as real as any other illness like diabetes, cancer, or heart disease. And, like these other illnesses, they require professional health care to manage and recover.
It takes courage to ask for help, and your recovery is essential to your health. At SummitStone, we believe that cost should never be a barrier to obtaining care. Whether you or your family member needs treatment, SummitStone Health Partners is your trusted provider of the addiction and mental health support services you need.