If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
For non-life-threatening psychiatric and behavioral health emergencies, call 970-494-4200
Do You Need Mental Health Services?
If you think you need mental health and/or addiction services, please call us at (970) 494-4200 and you will be welcomed by a SummitStone staff member.
You will be asked a series of questions to determine how we can best connect you with what you need. SummitStone Health Partners provides 24-hour emergency services, along with outpatient mental health and addiction treatment for all ages. We offer individual and group treatment, as well as case management services. Our goal is to meet your mental health and addiction treatment needs as quickly and effectively as possible. SummitStone Health Partners offers bilingual services, access to primary care, and an in-house pharmacy. Please see our services for additional information.
What to Expect
We will need to learn about how you are feeling and what led you to seek our services.
Questions we may ask include:
- Are you seeking mental health or addiction treatment services, or both?
- What is your contact information, date of birth, and basic financial information?
- Are you a resident of Larimer County?
- Do you have an open case with the Department of Human Services?
- If you are calling for services for your child, we will ask about marital status and custody agreements. Please be aware that in cases where parents are not together, there are special requirements with which we must adhere before we can legally schedule your child for an intake appointment.
- If an intake/assessment is scheduled you will be asked to provide proof of income, photo ID and insurance cards at the time of your appointment.
- If you don’t have insurance, we will find out if you need help to pay for treatment.
- Do you have Medicaid, Medicare, Kaiser or another insurance carrier?
Steps to Services
- If you decide that you want to enter into our services, we will schedule an initial appointment. At your initial intake appointment, we will need information to learn how best to help you. This appointment will take approximately 1 ½ hours.
- You will then be assigned to a clinician with whom you will begin treatment. If you have medication needs, you will be scheduled with a psychiatrist.
After you have made an initial appointment, please take a few minutes to print and fill out the forms below, then bring the completed forms to your first appointment. If you are unable to print them, please plan to arrive at your appointment 30 minutes early to allow time to fill them out.
- Consumer Registration Form / Formulario de Registro Consumidores
- Every new SummitStone Health Partners consumer must fill out this form. It requests basic information about your name, address, birth date, etc.
- Disclosure Statement and Consent to Treat Form / Declaración de Divulgación y Consentimiento para Tratar Forma
- This form provides information about your rights as a client, your agreement to participate in treatment and/or permission for a minor child to be treated.
- Financial Agreement/ Acuerdo Financiero
- This form provides information about our financial policies and payment expectations.
- Follow these steps to access your Social Security earnings record.
- Infectious Diseases Screen/ Enfermedades Infecciosas de pantalla
- This form allows us to provide you with valuable comprehensive treatment. The information you provide can be critical for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
- Release of Information / Divulgación de información
- This form allows us to communicate with anyone (i.e. probation, DHS, your medical providers, family members, etc.) that you would like to have us coordinate treatment/communicate with.
- Attestation / Confirmation of Medical Decision Making Form / Certificación / Confirmación del formulario toma de decisiones médicas
- This form is required to be completed by the parent, guardian or legal custodian of a minor child.